Sunday 7 July 2013

Mouse tales

We've had many pet mice & rats
Now we've got plenty of cats
There has always been a lack
Of love between these ones
God made them enemies so
There is no going back!
So though I've loved dear Rupert
I'm glad Vanessa had her little pets
She had Lady & many other little ones
She had puppies when our dogs gave birth
She watched them grow & shared their mirth!
These days I've had enough
Of wild grey mice & rats as well
I suppose it was some kind of hell
They were running about everywhere!
Even getting me in my lounge chair
Eating me out of house & home
Surely there must come a time
When you are so all over that
No more mousy pets thank you!
I'll stick with my memories of those
Who made the grade & they stayed
Within our hearts & memories
Even though they were so cute
I suppose that point is moot
Mice just don't get on with cats!
That's the end of this story!
Yes! That's that!





No comments:

Post a Comment