Saturday 20 July 2013

The tide is turning

The tide is turning
The gulf opens wide
He hurts his family
This other man inside
He is just like Jekyll & Hyde
One day he is lovely 
The next he's a pain
His memory deserts him
His mind is on fire
Some days he's the good guy
But mostly he's not there
I pray for his health
I pray for his soul
But dear Lord thou knowest
The choice must be his
I cannot save him
It is all up to you
But how to make him see this?
How to make him understand?
That how he treats others
Is just the first thing
He drives us away
With his rants & tirades
Lord grant me patience
Lord help me hold back
For sometimes I am so lonely
In this marriage that's changing
I am his mother
As well as his wife
I cannot be everything
I cannot turn him around
So dear Lord of heaven
I offer up my prayers
Please Lord you know all
I know you understand
Help him to grow in grace
Help me grow in patience
So that I may be there
To guide him a pace!



No comments:

Post a Comment