Wednesday 10 July 2013

Where the cold wind blows

I've been so sick I'm telling you 
This flu is awful: yes that's true
Had to go to Gawler today
I'd rather have stayed in bed
If I'd had my way: oh yes if only!
While the sun shone: all was good
But then when that cold wind blew
I must confess: I am telling you
I didn't want to be there at all
Every time we had to walk a bit
Every time we moved along
Yes that's when that cold wind hit
My face was flushed a time or two
But when we walked in between 
Those tall buildings: it was so cold
That awful wind blew upon my face & hands
I felt so chilled and sick again
But we had to stroll up those streets
To do those things that needed doing!
Now thank God I'm home again
Got that wood fire burning
Got that kettle boiling: nice hot tea
That's the thing for me!
And of course we left behind
Those chilly streets that drove me mad
Yes I'm glad I'm home at last
Away from those cold, chilly streets
Where the cold wind blows!

No comments:

Post a Comment