Sunday 7 July 2013

Butch the chicken killer

Many years ago we had a brown dog
He had the weirdest old blue eyes
He took my only doll with hair
Half chewed it off her head!
We had a heap of chickens
In a great big yard: many chickens
A rooster ruled that chicken roost
I remember mum telling me
Make sure you shut that gate
After you bring in all those eggs!
I thought I'd shut that silly old gate
I guess I tried but it was my fate
Next we heard a huge racket
Butch had gotten inside that coop
He was killing chickens by the group
Blood & feathers everywhere
I felt so bad because it was my fault!
If only I'd taken a bit more care
Then there wouldn't be all those
Bloody feathers in the air!
We all ran out to stop that dog
Dad got him by the collar; took him away
Never saw him again after that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment