Tuesday 2 July 2013

Dear Pici RIP

One of my first pets was a little pup
I called her Pici (Tiny)
She was such a little cutie
She was so full of life
We ran around the yard
Chasing each other all over the place!
You know what dogs are like?
They have to guard their property!
They have to act tough
They have their job to do
Keeping us safe from harm!
Well one day our neighbour
Wanted to drive his tractor 
Up our driveway to get to the back road
Pici barked and did her job
She barked and barked
Trying to tell him not to go there!
She was too little to actually stop him
So he kept on going: hoping she would move!
I heard the racket & went to investigate
Then I heard a squeal & saw her running
Towards me: for safety!
Poor Pici never made it! 
She almost got to me but collapsed
I looked closer & saw blood 
Coming from her mouth! 
I was crying by the time Les got there
He was so upset and was apologising
He didn't mean to hurt my little dog
I still remember Pici
I took many photos of her 
With my little plastic camera
It was called a Diana camera
I still have those black & white photographs
I will never forget my Pici!

No comments:

Post a Comment