Saturday 20 July 2013

Spilt milk

I spilt some milk last night
I was so upset because
All my work was ruined
All my hard written lines
Covered in milky mess
I didn't cry but I still might
For nothing seems 
To be going right!
I am worried: afraid
That I still won't make the grade!
What if my Lord finds me wanting?
What if I do not make the grade?
Dear Lord I know you promised
That I was not to worry
That you would give me the words
But you see I am only human
I am not much of a saint
I worry that I am not good enough
To do this work for you
I am so insignificant: in my mind
I cannot hope to understand
That my dear Lord would want me
To do anything so grand
But though I am still frightened
I will not let you down
For I know my dearest Lord 
It will all go just as you planned
So I offer up my life to you 
My dearest Lord in heaven
Guide me; lead me; take my hand
I am ready to face this world
I am ready to make my stand
As long as I know you are with me
I will do just as we planned!



No comments:

Post a Comment