Friday 30 August 2013

Birth pains

I envy all those women
Who experience birth pains?
In their belly: lucky you I say
Because in my day it hurt so much
The pains were in my poor little back
My daughter wanted to have a natural birth
But I said "Honey just be thankful
That everything is okay: it doesn't matter
How your precious babe enters this world
As long as you are both healthy & well!"
She experienced a terrible back pain
Just the other day: I was there to comfort her
There to explain: "All my pains were in my back
It was so painful an attack I was crying for help!"
One pain was enough to show her the truth of my words
She was paralysed with fear that it would all be like that!
A planned caesarean is on the cards for my girl
Just like the last two beautiful births she had
Two beautiful boys: the apple of their mother's eye
This time it's a little girl who will come: in a few weeks
Just as precious as her brothers: just as much loved
No matter how she must come into this world! 
We await her soon coming!



No comments:

Post a Comment