Saturday 17 August 2013

My heart is an open book

Sir Paul McCartney wrote in Live & let Die
"When you were young 
& your heart was an open book"
Was it really so? Was I so transparent?
Did everything show upon my face?
Was I so stupid then? So lacking grace?
I guess it's true for I'm telling you!
Everything then surrounding me
Was open to another's look
My heart was breaking as I went
My stupid youth: so ill-spent
Oh Lord why would you want me?
Why would anybody want to love me?
I was so angry at this whole world
I was searching but I never found
That thing that was so important then
Love was missing from my plans
This life: nobody really understands
Why oh why was it so full of strife?
Am I just making excuses: being underhand?
Do I lay the blame upon another's whims?
Does that make it easier for me to bear?
By blaming him for his lack of care?
Dear Lord I understand your words
I must live this life you have planned!
Nothing happens without your consent
My life then: upon finding love: so hell-bent
Never then did I look above
I was only doing what I knew best
Living my life in such unrest
Now it is so clear to me in hindsight
Now I finally get to see the light!
God gives us this precious life
He lets us loose to live as best
Setting us so many tests
How we make our path through life
He watches us from high above
Sending angels shining with his love
But we must ask for His precious help 
He is waiting to guide us from above
Ready to take us from this strife!



No comments:

Post a Comment