Saturday 24 August 2013

Please forgive me Lord

I've been in trouble for a while
Thinking too much all the while
Worrying about how it will all go
When the spotlight hit: you know!
I had to ask forgiveness from my Lord
For thinking too much of myself
For really it is not the way
To appreciate God's gifts each day
These words are not my own 
I must confess: they come into
This earthly mind from another's head
I am just the vessel through which
These blessed words will spread
I of myself am nothing: this is true
I am only the lifeless cable lying here
Until my Lord does fill my heart and soul
With His blessed energy and then lo
I am filled with wondrous words until
It all just spills unto this page
Yes! That's right: I am just a pen
But I thank you my dearest Lord
For giving me this wonderful chance
To make it all balance: to make it all happen
For I am truly blessed to be His scribe
Putting pen to paper all the while
Anything I do to receive this gift
These messages: heaven sent
I undertake to fulfil these blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment