Friday 2 August 2013

Waiting for the dawn

Remember when we were young?
We were ready to experience life
We were ready to try so many things
Our hormones raging through our veins
Our minds a-whirl with possibilities!

I used to stay up all night talking 
Chatting up the guys in the bands
At the Berri Hotel disco
Dreaming of a different life
I remember Nantucket very well
I didn't want the night to end
I thought their drummer Mark was great
We talked until the early hours
Then went our separate ways

How different things are now!
Now I struggle to get enough sleep
I toss and turn trying to get comfortable
Sometimes I'm too hot; or too cold
Hot flushes make me break out in sweat
I'm still waiting for the dawn
But now I watch for it to come
To signal me it's time to get up
To get on with another day
Wondering how I will get through!

No comments:

Post a Comment