Wednesday 28 August 2013

Sleepless night

It's 6 am on a Thursday
Dawn light is creeping in
I've been lying here for hours now
My eyes are beginning to sting
I've tossed & turned all night
I wish my brain would give in
My body's aching all over too
Oh Lord what am I to do?
Everyone needs their sleep
Everybody needs their rest
But the sleep I need is eluding me
How do I get up & go about this day?
Without having had any rest?
My worries are overwhelming me
My mind is not suitably eased
As I try to escape into oblivion
I'll just have to manage as best!
My belly is demanding breakfast
I must get up to eat: can't sleep hungry
Maybe after I eat I can rest!
I meet my son in the kitchen
He's getting up after his sleep
Oh I wish I were so much younger still
Maybe I could win some release!


No comments:

Post a Comment