Friday 2 August 2013

Thank you Mr DJ

Had a fantastic time
Dancing the night away
At the Loxton Hotel
I was 17 years old then
Yes! Way back when!
The DJ was playing
Some great songs
I had to give him 
My request: Please Mr DJ
Please play "Brass in Pocket"
By Chryssie Amphlett & the Pretenders
One of my favourite songs!
He wasn't too sure
It was only a B side
What if the others
Didn't like my choice?
I begged & begged
Fluttered my eyelashes
Smiled at him!
Finally I got my way!
Enjoyed that song very much!
Later on as he was packing up
I went up to thank him 
For playing my song
He thought I was just after
Another prize for nothing
(He'd given them away all night)
I was upset & was about to walk away
When he apologised for being rude
Explaining how some people acted
When he was right there at work!
Then he gave me an L.P. record
Called "Ripper 1973"

No comments:

Post a Comment