Tuesday 6 August 2013

Chubby cheeks

I've got a large photo of Vanessa
She was such a chubby-cheeked
Gorgeous little girl: Auntie Debbie
Was the photographer of that pic
She had her sitting out in the field
The wind was gently blowing!
She was only about 2 & a half
When we first moved to Sedan
This photograph is a reminder
Of that wonderful time!
Our first home: our first child!
Magic memories return me
To that special time 25 years ago
Has it really been that long?
Now as I look back at that time
I see the resemblance to Zac
Vanessa's 2nd beautiful son!
He saw the photo the other day
He said to me "That's Zecarias!"
He was pointing to himself as he said it!
Though similar there is a difference
Mum had straight hair back then
Zac has slightly wavy hair!
I do see the resemblance for sure!
Those chubby cheeks run in the family
Especially as little kids: I was the same!
I know I hated my chubby cheeks
I remember Vanessa hating hers too!
Zac has put on weight lately
He's eating like a little horse
Constantly feeding his little face
Always on the look out for food
Always on the look out for fun
He's so full of energy; so full of life!
He runs and tumbles everywhere
Climbing & jumping off everything!
He's such a copy cat: he loves
His big brother Santiago so much
Copies everything he says & does
He's so agile for a two year old
He shows no fear: he's so full on!
I love my little grandsons! So much!



No comments:

Post a Comment