Saturday 17 August 2013

Please stop /no singing

In the car with my little grandson
Waiting for mummy to come
Got the music station turned on
Trying to have a little bit of fun
I'm singing along to a favourite song
My little grandson says to me
"Please stop!" So I cease at once
He turns off the radio: pushes in a cassette
Pushes all the buttons on everything
Wipers are wiping: lights flashing too!
What's a poor Nana have to do?
Music starts a playing: I start to sing
Then comes another little warning
"Please stop!" he says sweetly! 
So I have to obey: no other way!
I recall just about 3 years ago
When his big brother was this age
He used to be a little less demure
He just used to say in his little voice
"No singing!" Quite angrily at times
So he we go as history repeats
No more singing for me in the streets!




No comments:

Post a Comment