Wednesday 28 August 2013

Changing the rules

It's not fair when you change all the rules
I say yes, you say no: you say this isn't so
Everybody loses: with ego nobody wins
Just ask the little kids: the yelling never ends
I try to let it mend: but no matter what I say
It never seems my day: It's not fair to say the least
That's the nature of the beast: ego ever rules
It makes us all look like fools: so uncool
I felt like crying then: the tears never seem to end
You call me nasty names: it's always the same
I always get the blame: you intimidate: that's plain
You're just a stand-over man: I'm not a fan
That's what I cannot stand: you just don't understand!
It's not all about you: I have feelings too!
It's not fair: no matter what it is
You change everything: you blame it all on me
No quarter given: no excuses taken
You'll drive me to my grave: if only I were brave
Oh it's not fair: I try my very best but
It's never good enough: you like to play it tough
You say you're teaching me: how can that be?
You never praise me at all: I'm always under par
I feel like we're at war: it's never even score!
Some days I hate you more & more
Where has my loving man gone?
Your ego's swallowed him whole!


No comments:

Post a Comment