Wednesday 10 February 2016

A matter of size

I sold my size 8 flares
That red pin-striped pair
Those ones I used to wear
To the old 70's discos: yeah
I remember them very well
So tiny and so very tight
I can't believe I was so small
But you know it is right...
Today nobody would fit inside
People are just so much...more
Larger, bigger, stronger: true
As the lady at the clothing store
Explained to me this very day
Nobody would believe we were
Different in our day: skinny, small
Does anybody recall those days?
Those platform shoes: so high
I wore them with such pride...
To make me look taller...
I never did get to grow you know
Never did make it even to 5 ft high
Our waists were tiny: gor blimey
In today's sizing I would have been a 4
But there wouldn't be any in the stores
No that's right: not any more...



No comments:

Post a Comment