Saturday 20 February 2016

No excuses

Like Moses, confronted by the burning bush
The angel of the Lord spoke...
Calling him unto his work
Let me not give excuses now
Bless me Lord and please come in
I would carry out this blessed work
Send me Lord: as you have bid
Show me where I should go
Grant me wisdom: grant me grace
Strengthen and encourage my soul
Spreading this Godly work: my goal
I am but the pen: the instrument you chose
Let me ever look up to you
Tell me where it is I should go
I am but your servant
I am but useless without you
Only when you speak through me
Will I finally accept this goal
I asked for your benevolence
I asked you for your grace
Now I accept with humble heart
This blessed gift you have placed 
Here; within this heart of mine
Here; within this soul
You fill my cup with thankfulness
Let me to others offer up
Let me quench their daily thirst
I am but your humble servant
I claim no other title
Only you: Lord: lift me up
Only you: who are so mighty
Would choose such a simple life
Such a simple person
To work for Thee in darkest times
I would be seen as your candle
For next to your brightness: your glory
I am but a little light
And yet if I can be a guide
To any left in darkness
I gladly spread this tiny light 
Gladly beam for Thee
For even such a tiny light 
Is better than none you see...
So: grant me the words
As you have promised...
Grant me the wisdom of ages
Let me spread Thy love to all
Let me open many pages...
Here I am Lord: here I am
Simple, frail, weak human that I am
Lead me; guide me; take my hand
Allow me to crawl and finally stand
Head bowed: face to the ground
Prostrate: I would lie before Thee
Never would I ever feel worthy
To look upon your shining face
Yet you have promised me words
You have promised me your strength
So I give all I have
I will go to any lengths
To do this blessed work for you...

14 November 2015





No comments:

Post a Comment