Monday 22 February 2016

Venus in blue jeans

Venus in blue jeans
True blue: it was so
No longer am I Venus
For I wish to be known...
For my brain not my waist size
For my thoughts not my bust
No longer do I want nor do I need
To be seen as an outlet for a man's lusts
I have grown older and I hope wiser
I have left my youth behind... 
Age should be no barrier for love from mankind
My mind is a precious vessel
That longs to be filled...
I seek more information on many subjects
I would learn about the universe
I would like to know so many things
Especially about my Lord Jesus
Who came to this earth to be a man

Yet left it as the king of kings...
I seek and I find: I ask and it is given
This door I knock upon is blessed
It is opened and within I see the living
Therein is my Lord Jesus
My Saviour and my Lord...
Seeking to uphold me with his living word
He is my intercessor: my lawyer: my friend
It is him I would find: much closer: here within







No comments:

Post a Comment