Monday 1 February 2016

Let go the oars

Row me to the centre of the river
Show me how deep this life has run
Could I un-tether myself from that anchor
Allow myself to simply be drawn along?
Let go the oars: float down life's stream
Release the tensions: let go of cares
Surely one must hold on to some dream?
What's done is done: we're none the wiser
If we cannot lift those oars: drift along
What use in ego: except to cry
Why has life just passed me by?
Though others say and do all manner of
Hurtful things: nobody ever wins
Now I must allow this current 
To take my life's craft by the hull
Take hold of this little boat and tug me
Whichever way: I must not fight the pull
Resistance is futile: just let it go
Give in to that mighty river
Allow life to now be guided by its flow


No comments:

Post a Comment