Saturday 20 February 2016

Your prayers will do

I sigh and cry for this lost world
I feel saddened by the strife
So many need so many things
As do we all in our daily life
Lord, please feed the hungry
Lord, please aid the weak
For your many blessings
These we all must seek
Lord, of your life giving water: send
Lord, please quench their thirst
For those lost, forlorn, abandoned
Let them be granted a new burst
Lord, please clothe the naked
Lord, please hear their cries
Let those who have provisions
Share them with those despised
Lord, please grant your pardon
Lord, please unlock the gates
That those who are imprisoned
May their fetters be released!
I would aid all comers
I would help if only I could
But I am alone and weary
Your voice I hear: it says
Thank you blessed sister
Be assured: your prayers will do

28 November 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment