Thursday 18 February 2016

Closer

Questions to be answered
Thoughts to be entertained
Deep inside my heart and soul
I am troubled: have I lost control?
Is this distance insurmountable?
Is this feeling of sadness so very plain?
Something that I must encounter...
'Ere I give my heart again...
I am at the cross roads
Don't really know which way to turn...
I would be ever closer Lord...
Please let me try to explain...

It is I: have drifted away from you
You Lord: ever remain the very same
Fear and sinfulness encumber: true
They make me feel ashamed...
Thus I turn away my eyes in fear
I wander further and further away
It is my faithless heart that struggles
It is on me that I must lay the blame

If I don't feel as close to God as I once did
Who has moved?



1 comment:

  1. God remains close...waiting for our call...we drift away when we have sinned...expecting his displeasure...yet we only need return and ask forgiveness and it will be given...

    ReplyDelete