Monday 29 February 2016

I fell in love with your essence

I see a different person 
From whom: at first I met
There is now a deeper 
Connection...
I am fit to burst...and yet
I am at peace at last...
For you must surely acknowledge
I can see into your very heart
I understand your thinking 
I understand your very soul
No longer do I suffer...
For it is love that has taken control...
This deep understanding that we share
Has opened up my eyes to a better life
At the other end of the dark tunnel
Now: finally: I see a brighter light...
When I am with you 
I feel at home: it's true
I cannot explain it better than
To say "I feel blessed beyond belief"
I love the feeling of your open arms
Just as I love the scent upon your skin
It is more than infatuated love
It is more like...
I feel...
A kindred spirit close beside me
A mirror to my deepest soul
I see right past any imperfections
I see right past the outer things
For it is deep inside my mind is searching
Yes; deep inside: there: my heart has wings...

When you really got to know someone
The physical characteristics 
Start to disappear...
You begin to dwell on their energy
The scent of their skin...
You see only the essence of the person
Not their shell...
You can't fall in love with beauty or looks
You can only lust after it...
Be infatuated by it...
Want to own it...
You can love it with your eyes...
You can love it with your body...
But not with your heart...
That's why
When you really connect with a person
Any physical imperfections...
Disappear...
Become irrelevant...


No comments:

Post a Comment