Tuesday 2 February 2016

The pearl

For the donkey it was the carrot
Tied onto the stick by a length of string
For the dog it was the meaty bone
Set before his nose: ah the smell it brings
For the cat it was the tiny tasty mouse
Hiding inside the crack in the thickest of walls
For man it is the dream of a home: not just a house
But filled with children, love and laughter too
I ask you: everyone: what is the lure for you?
What gives you your direction: what drives you?
Is it the promise of life eternal: Jesus' gift?
Does this blessed pearl of greatest price?
Fill up your heart and soul with longing?
Does it make you feel happiness in belonging?
For me I can honestly say: without a doubt
I am longing for that blessed day: soon to come
When my Lord Jesus returns: to take me home

No comments:

Post a Comment