Wednesday 10 February 2016

Essence

I looked up the definition
I sought to discover the truth
But what is this "essence"?
What is this meaning of "love"?
The intrinsic nature...
Or that indispensable quality
Of something so abstract as "love"
What determines its character?
What is synonymous with "love"?
Oh in heavens above...
What is this essence of love?
That quintessence, life, lifeblood
That soul, spirit, ethos...
That core of love...
That heart, centre, crux...
The very nucleus, kernel, marrow
The meat upon the bone...
Can anyone tell me about love?
How does one understand
Something so abstract...
So basic as love...
Unless they have felt it's tug?
Until they have know it's pain?
Unless they have fallen once
Maybe fallen in love again and again?
Ah love...I cannot explain...
Cannot tell you in words
But could I show you?
How would I explain this?
This feeling...
This essence of love...



No comments:

Post a Comment