Tuesday 18 December 2012

Broken Bones

My dad loved to play soccer
My best friend Martha's dad as well
And my uncle Tony too!
We watched and cheered
We ran around and had our fun
All us friends together
The whole Hungarian group
We all hung out together
We all enjoyed those days!
My dad was playing in the grand final
His team was winning by a goal
Then he fell down to the ground
Clutching at his wrist
He got up and continued playing
Their team won the game
Then my dad was finally ready
To go to the hospital
He'd broken his scaphoid bone
A tiny little bone in his wrist
Now he would suffer
Now he would have to settle down
The plaster cast was added
From his wrist; almost to the shoulder
A great big "L" shaped thing it was
Four long months it would last
Until that bone was mended
Until that bone was fixed
Then the metal pins could be removed
Then his wrist would be healed
But in the meantime I was happy
Dad was teaching me to drive
I was his gear changer
I was his helpful girl
I could help him change that column shift
I was pleased as punch to help him out
I was his big girl after all!







No comments:

Post a Comment