Monday 3 December 2012

Sheepish tales

We had some lambs to take care of
They had to be bottle fed as they'd
Lost their mummies those poor dears
The girls loved them so very very much
Had to feed them their bottles
Had to take care of them; even gave them names!
Lambert was named after that Disney cartoon
Whilst Little Maa and Rambert  were off the cuff
Of course they were cute and so full of fluff!
The bottles disappeared as fast as they were made
Those lambs were so hungry every single day!
They were cute but they did make such a mess
So we put them in the paddock but they always escaped!
I tried to keep them in but they were so very quick
As soon as I got back they were out again!
Finally in the cold winter nights
I locked them into the little hay shed
It was quite easy for a long long time
Until they decided; they wanted to wait till sundown! 
Now Rambert was getting to be quite a big lad
He wanted to play some sheepish games
He'd come up behind me and give me a little bump
Then I'd have to look at him and make some comment!
They were my babies; you must understand!
Wanting their cuddles each and every day!
Michael was just a little boy back then
So when Rambert played with him
He didn't just get bumped; he went flying!
One evening as I locked those sheep into that little shed
Rambert wouldn't enter and guess what else he did
He stopped Little Maa from going inside too!
So I thought I'd outwit him; two could play that game!
I went inside and called them to come in!
Rambert was a smarty pants and shut me in instead!
He pushed that door shut as if to say
"Hey it isn't even dark yet; we still want to play!"



No comments:

Post a Comment