Sunday 9 December 2012

Ode to Helen Steiner Rice

Dear Helen I love your wonderful poetry
I have loved your work for many long years
I still a have a copy of a beautiful card
Bought when I was just a teenager
It's called "Give Lavishly; Live Abundantly"
It's been over 40 years since then
I look for you poetry books wherever I wander
I have found such joy in reading your words
I feel a blessed connection to the dear Lord
Your words convey such love and understanding
I write poetry myself and try to honour your style
Words of love and compassion
Straight from our dearest Lord
Straight from heaven up above
What a blessing you bestow upon your readers
The words sing in my mind and lift me up
It is great sadness that I read about your pain
I feel we are especially akin in this
As I am continually praying for relief from mine
The dear Lord and His angels hear our prayers 
They come when asked to aid us with their touch
They show how much we are loved by our Father
They minister unto us; sinners all!
But because He is our loving Father
He loves us; no matter what we've done
No matter how far we have strayed
He welcomes us back within His loving arms
We only need to ask and we are forgiven!
His precious blood has bought our salvation
His precious tears were shed for us
Upon that terrible day on Calvary!






1 comment:

  1. I have a few of her books; precious copies form many years ago! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete