Saturday 15 December 2012

Lay your head

I don’t want to be strong
I want to be weak
I want to cry my heart out
And find the peace I seek
I am tired of being the strong one
I am tired and in need of rest
But only you Lord know what I need
Only you lord; know me best

Let me lay my head Lord
Upon Thy comforting breast
It is only through you Lord
That I can find my rest
When I give up my troubles
Surrender them into Thy mighty hands
That’s when I am truly at peace
That’s when I am carried in your arms

I want to feel my father’s heart
Beating beneath my ear
I want to be that child; comforted
I need to be held near
I need Thy love Lord
I need you oh so much
Our two hearts beating
Together; your heavenly touch!

Let me lay my head Lord
Upon Thy comforting breast
It is only through you lord
That I can find my rest
When I pray; you answer Lord
You hear my words; I know you love me too
That’s when I find my heart beating
That’s when together we are true...

No comments:

Post a Comment