Saturday 1 December 2012

Pepe my precious pet

I fell in love with Pepe
The moment I saw him
He was so tiny and cute
My precious little puppy
Black chihuahua boy
The size of a dainty tea cup
Donna carried him into the shop
I carried him home
I borrowed $50 from my brother
Had to have him for my own!
I took him home to mum and dad 
Of our family he became a part!
He was such a tough little guy
Barked like mad if anyone came
Had it in for Mr Harrington
Though he was 6 feet 4
Dogs were ever his bane
Pepe loved to show his might
Tried to make Mr Harrington
Take flight! Ran rings around him
Barking all the while!
What a show-off! My little guy!
I had to leave him behind one day
Left for university in Adelaide
I felt so sad to leave my pet
But mum and dad took care of him!
Dad would have to prune 
The fruit trees during winter time
Pepe would go with him every where
Dad went inside for morning tea
It started raining; couldn't find Pepe
Went outside to his ladder there
To find my Pepe shivering 
He was waiting for dad to return
Guarding the ladder in the rain! 
Dad carried him inside in his warm shirt
Kept him warm; that little squirt!
Now Pepe was a fussy little dude
Loved his basket that's for sure
Even had a pillow on top
But he would not go inside
Unless it was clean; not smelly!
He was so happy when I came home
Ran rings around me so many times!
Barking with happiness; huge loving grin
Licked my face; my ears my chin!
Welcome home my darling!








No comments:

Post a Comment