Sunday 9 December 2012

Ode to Sara Donati

Dear Sara I want to thank you 
For your wonderful stories!
I've enjoyed reading 
Into the Wilderness
Dawn on a Distant shore
Lake in the Clouds
Fire along the Sky
and Queen of Swords
Now I'm reading
The last book in the series
The Endless Forest
For the third time in the past few years!
I loved the movie
Last of the Mohicans
But I couldn't read
James Fenimore Cooper's book
Just couldn't get used to his writing
So when I picked up your book
I was drawn back through time
Into their amazing lives!
You have a way with words
I was mesmerised! 
Couldn't put it down!
Totally agree with Diana Gabaldon!
Thank you for letting
Me breathe the air of another time!
Hawkeye and Ghingachgook
Come to life and bring stories 
From those days to life with your words!
I loved Elizabeth and Nathaniel's story!
Strong women are the backbone 
Of this wonderful series
Hannah Bonner is my heroine
I love tales of life through her eyes
A strong Indian woman
Learned in white man's medicine
Just like Claire in Diana Gabaldon's 
Outlander series: love them too!
I crave good reading; of real people 
Real people who lived in dangerous times
Their trials and tribulations
A wonderful part of history!
Thank you and Diana both
For keeping me mesmerised and
Totally immersed in your tales!





No comments:

Post a Comment