Sunday 9 December 2012

Lead me Lord

One day after visiting my hubby in side
I felt the urge to drive down Grand Junction Road
To Port Adelaide; there was a market there
Next to that old red Lighthouse
Many people had come to the Port
ON That Sunday afternoon back in 2001
I went inside the massive building
Didn't really know what I was looking for
I just knew I would understand 

When I reached what was drawing me
I looked around and finally I was there
In front of me was a colourful little table
There were flowers in the vase
A friendly looking lady was busy
Talking to another
I waited for my turn and then did as she asked
I felt a bit weird; but then I was truly amazed
By the words that she said
I told her how I was led to the Port
She knew I was coming and said as much
She told me a lot of things 
And especially the name I'd been thinking of!
I had thought Galadriel; 
As this was what had kept repeating in my mind
But I'd got it slightly wrong; 
It was Gadiel she said!
As the other was an evil one; not to be repeated!
She told me my guardian angel's name
She explained that Gadiel took care of lost babies!
I'd lost my last child to miscarriage
Just a couple of years before
My baby's loss had made me very sad! 

The only problem is: I don't believe 
We should need to know our angel's names
The Lord is whom we pray to 
He is the only one we need to remember in our prayers
Yes; the angels are His messengers
Yes; they go where He bids them go
Our dear Lord in heaven is the only one 
Whose name we need to speak
It is Jesus who hears our prayers!
It is Jesus who sends them to take care of us!
It is Jesus; our dearest Lord; who loves us
Jesus forgives us and loves us still!








No comments:

Post a Comment