Monday 10 December 2012

Kaiser my hero


Kaiser was my hero
He was such a beautiful dog
He loved us all so much
He wanted to save everyone
He'd jump around beside the pool
He was worried for our safety
He was worried for our lives
That bad water was dangerous
He was always worried for us all!
He showed his love and his fears
He showed his courage amid the cheers
He was brave but he was also scared
Something must have happened 
Before he came to us
Don't know what it was but
He was terrified of deep water 
But if his family was in trouble
He could overcome his fears
He was there to save me many times
Over those 11 long years we cherished him
He saved Tim from drowning in the bath
Several times at least!
He saved me when I was snorkelling 
In the shallows; chasing a school of tiny fish
He even saved me in the creek
After I'd got up the courage to swing on the rope
And then let go; jumping in
He was right there in front of me
As I surfaced; legs pumping; face concerned
"Was mummy all right? When was she coming up again?"




No comments:

Post a Comment