Saturday 1 December 2012

In the quiet night

In the quiet night when everyone's asleep
I sit up and wonder how it all began
The stars in the night sky; as they spin around
The moon as it glows; reflects our sun
Dear Lord I am just a little mind
But I want to understand
Everything that you proclaim
I see the clouds drift by on the breeze
I hear the waves crashing down upon  the sand
I feel Thy mighty love within this heart
I am of this world; such a tiny part
Yet I know that you love me dear Lord!
Why would you want to love me?
Poor sinner that I am; I beg to understand!

In the quiet night; I hear the bird's call
Outside of my window; I hear the sounds
Of life as it goes on around me
I hear the trees gently swaying in the breeze
I hear the quiet breathing of my love
Sometimes I imagine I am looking down upon
My children; now grown up; far away
I feel that precious tug; upon my heart
As I see them when they were small
I see my grandson's silent sleeping forms
I hear their precious breaths; in and out
If I could; I would touch their tiny fingers
As I look down upon their dreaming minds
I would change the world to make it always good







No comments:

Post a Comment