Tuesday 18 December 2012

Greek wedding

Our neighbour Les was getting married
I was to be a flower girl at age 6
I never realized how hard it would be
To hold up a huge candle for hours
I tried to hold on but I didn't make the grade
That candle was too heavy
My arms they felt like lead
It felt like the priest was droning on and on
To my little childlike ears
But later on the reception was a breeze!
We went back home to our place
Right next door to theirs
I still remember all the music
The shouting; the cheers
The best part was the giving of little gifts
Sugar-coated almonds 
In a pretty flower-covered case
I missed out on mine because
I had to run outside:
I couldn't stand the smell 
Of that strong Parmesan cheese!
I was lucky though because 
My mum was kind and gave me hers!




No comments:

Post a Comment