Sunday 23 November 2014

Confession

Tonight: even the street lights look beautiful
Through these my pouring tears but
Thoughts of losing all of my close family
The straw that broke this camel’s back
Those fears that undid me: those worries
Yes: those worries that I should give back
If I should give my worries up in prayers?
The good Lord promises to take them up
To accept the burden in my stead
Ah…these crazy thoughts within my head!
I surrender all to Thee my Lord!
I give up my load of worries, of stress!
That thou might take them from me
That my burden may be less!

It is in these darkest times
That I would truly confess
Dear Lord I want to come to you
I want to lay my head upon your breast
I want to hear your beating heart
Within your mighty loving chest
I want: need your tenderness
I need to use your strength dear Lord
I need you to refill this: my empty cup
Yes; my dearest Lord: my Saviour: my King
This is when I need the fulfillment
Only loving and trusting you can bring!
This is when I crave that contentment
That fills up my greatest need
For as I feel my strength waning…
As I feel this earthly power ebb…
Then I need your God-given refreshment
This blessed love you promise me!
For I am truly feeling empty
Sincerely I do admit: I confess!
I am in great need of your unearthly power
Your love; your understanding: your tenderness!



No comments:

Post a Comment