Wednesday 19 November 2014

The ice queen cometh

Written in March 2014

She called me up just the other day
Never done that in her life
But now she feels the need
To judge me in my strife

Lady, you are the ice queen
You think you have the right
To tell me of my failings but
Really it is God who has the might

Don't you know that we all are grieving?
You even had the gall
To tell me what we should be doing
To lecture me on behalf of them all
Those family members who hurt him
Those ones who broke his heart
As they told him and left him
After his mother's funeral
"Don't call me
I don't want to see you
I don't want to talk to you
I don't want to know you!"

Ah the cruelty of it all!
Your self-righteous indignation
That we didn't give you a call
Have you any inclination, any understanding?
To recognise our pain: in your gall?
Get off your high horse madam
Don't give a damn for your nasty words
For we don't want your blood money
Don't care to know you: cut the cords!

At first I was scared to face the music
At first I was dreading the repercussions
But then my anger rose to over ride it all!
My knowledge that none: no not one
Had called him up: had asked about his days
That each and every one had spurned him
Left him reeling and at a loss
When after his mother's passing
Just four short years ago in July
They had turned their noses up
Moved into their new home
Wouldn't even give him their address
Just a PO box number: that's all!
A mobile phone number or two
Thinking that would have to do!

At least his brother had the gumption
To admit he'd not even called

Do you know how much that hurt him?
Knowing he wasn't even wanted
By his own brothers : his own flesh and blood

1 comment:

  1. I actually have to thank her...my anger got me through the following day! I didn't care about what any of them thought. I was ready to face them should they say anything. So thanks ice queen for helping me get through that awful day! Now...looking back over time...now that things are not so raw...I understand: we all have our lives to lead. We are all travelling upon our journeys...

    ReplyDelete