Saturday 29 November 2014

Lost at sea

I'm sorry my love
If you feel I've let you down
Please know I always did the best
Anyone could have done!

I tried to hold you up
I tried to get you to move
I tried to do for you
As much as I possibly could!

But you know my love
I could not do it all
Could not live your life for you
That was beyond my control!

Though I tried to pull you out from
The wreckage of your life
It was just beyond my power
It was all just beyond my means!

Told you so very many times
"Jesus loves you: turn to Him!"
But you just didn't want to hear me
You just didn't want to believe!

I'm sorry that you were lost at sea
Though you lived and breathed
Right here beside me
You were gone too far to save!

How could I be your saviour?
I am just a simple human being
It was never in my power
To save you from yourself!

Dear Jesus is our Saviour
He it is who surrrendered all
Gave His life to save us
Gave it all for me and you!

Oh Lord though I tried
Though I pleaded: begged
The downward pull was just too much
Everything I did: just wasn't enough!

1 comment:

  1. Too many lives
    Drifting out to sea
    Too many lives
    Lost at sea
    Simply because
    My Lord is not in thee

    ReplyDelete