Saturday 29 November 2014

Deep blue sea

The sea calls me to her
She calls me to simply be near
Negative ions bring refreshment
Salty water reminds me of tears
A few fishermen are angling
Way up high on the jetty
Though I doubt they are successful
For I saw only tiny little schools
The beautiful sea grasses waving
Playing hide and seek
Now you see the coral
Now you don't
A few tiny fishes swimming
Cheek to cheek
I guess there is safety in numbers
I guess that's how it is
We invade the ocean
Steal and plunder
Give nothing back which they might need
A few worms: shiny lures
A nibble for fishy lips
That is the depth of man's greed
I suppose the anglers seek their dinner
Each and every day of the week
No dinner here today I ponder
Everywhere is overfished
Too much take and not enough giving
Very few caring
About precious nature
That's the main problem
Of which I speak!


No comments:

Post a Comment