Monday 17 November 2014

Montana on the road

I had to leave early
Didn't know the reason why
The heat was hot: oppressive
As I packed the car to drive
I passed a young woman
Walking all alone
Felt the need to stop
Felt the need to turn around
So as I listened to the little voice
That little voice deep inside
I turned my car around
I returned to offer her a ride
She was hot and bothered
Very red in the face
Her phone was cracked, broken
Like someone had tossed it aside
Glass face was all shattered
Like it was all out of place
I gave her a drink of water
Smiled and tried to break the ice
But she was silent as we travelled
Just a few words left her mouth
I told her of my difficult times
From many years ago
Showed her that I understood
Just where she was coming from
Once or twice upon a time
I was left to walk alone
Upset, distressed, far from home
We'd had our ups and downs
Just like anyone: just like we all do
I was meant to pick her up
Meant to offer her a ride

That's why I left early
Like I knew something had to be done
We are led to help others
To be of service to out fellow man
Her name was Montana
That is all that I know
Her sadness flashing like a beacon
Transmitting all of her fear
I could sense that I was needed
As I gave her the only thing I knew
To help her on her way
A cool drink of water
A few comforting words
A smile as I drove her safely
Into the nearest country town 
She was lost and in dire need
That hot, crazy almost summer day!



No comments:

Post a Comment