Wednesday 19 November 2014

I would Rather give

I’d rather give my time and money
To help the orphans
Than to raise up
Huge expensive edifices
In God’s Holy name
Aren’t we supposed to care for?
The weak, the elderly, the lame!

I’d rather give my love and money
To help the homeless
Than fill up the coffers
Of rich organisations
Who already have enough!
Aren’t we supposed to care for?
The starving, the cold, the poor!

I’d rather give my prayers and money
To free the slaves
Than to great companies
Who pretend to care!
Donations collected simply disappear!
Aren’t we supposed to save?
As many poor unfortunates as we dare?

I’d rather give my time and money
To help the earth
Than to let great mining companies
Exploit our resources
Don’t they a have conscience?
Aren’t we all supposed to care?
About this precious land that gave us birth?

I’d rather give my efforts and money
To save the animals we already have
Than to clear out their habitats
Filling them with plantations of palms
Don’t these companies have any qualms?
Aren’t we supposed to preserve?
All this for our children so they in turn can learn?

Oh Lord it hurts to see so many
Not give a damn about this earth
Oh Lord it pains me to see these forests
Denuded, trees depleted, animals evicted
People conceited: uncaring in their greed
Too many just couldn’t be bothered
To stop the destruction: for all it’s worth!

To stand up for our dying earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment