Sunday 23 November 2014

Holy Spirit come

Holy Spirit I invite you
Holy Spirit, come…
I open up this heart here
I invite you in: know you will come!
The blessings of your words I ask
The more to aid all others: lost in sin
I cry out for those lost ones
I cry out for their pain
For all those lost in sadness
For all those weak and ailing
For all those left waiting for the latter rain
Dear Lord please bless my heart: my hands
Dear lord please bless my mind; my soul
Dear Lord I offer up all I am
To do this precious work for Thee
I give you sole control!
You said it would not be easy
You told me I would stumble; fall
But though I know life is like this
I know your strength is at my call!
We are all blessed soldiers
In God’s army: we must stand
Firm upon the blessed Rock
For though Satan fires his arrows
Though he sends his armies in to fight
We have our Lord and Saviour
We have God’s strength
We have God’s might
We never truly stand alone
Though we battle fiercely…
Though we battle long…
With His armour and His weapons
We will remain strong!



No comments:

Post a Comment