Sunday 23 November 2014

Questions in my mind

Does the loneliness ever get easier to bear?
How do people get through their days?
Without their God to assist them?
Without that hope that He portrays?
They must be miserable indeed!
Without His blessing: without His seeds?
All these words: running through their heads
The unbearable cacophony: the noise!
If there is no place to run to?
No blessed sanctuary: any blessed release?
For me it is the seaside
For me it is the crashing waves!
There I head whenever life dismays!
Ah…the absurdity of it all, Lord
The sadness of so many endless days
So, come Lord! Shine your light into my darkness!
Come light up these darkened skies
I try to look at all these things that
Are bothering me: try to laugh
To ease the unbearable emptiness
It lifts my mood a little: the sadness is: less!
So, if sharing a problem halves it?
Why not ask for that necessary aid?
That simple solution in these crazy days!
So dear Lord: I ask: help me!
So dear lord: I knock: open the door!
So dear Lord: I seek: help me to find!
That blessed peace I desperately long for
I will not give in to sadness!
I will not fall beneath the waves
For Satan seeks to claim me but
My Saviour leads my steps!
So as I look out into the darkness
As I listen to the waves calling unto me
Here I find the peace I seek
Yes: here beside the turbulent seas
I know that Jesus is right beside me!
Even as I speak!



No comments:

Post a Comment