Saturday 1 November 2014

Seeking Solace

Here I sit atop a hill
Seeking solace: if you will
I am looking out to sea
At the coastline around here
You know dearest Lord: my wants
You know dearest Lord: my needs
To you I send my every prayer
From you I know: I receive
Answers come to those who wait
Questions form as I contemplate
You know all of me: love me still
You know me inside out: know my will
With you in my life: I will not doubt
I asked for someone musical
I asked for someone with whom to share
I asked for a love unlike any other
I asked and thus I know it is there
So now as I sit and simply wait
Now as I allow myself to appreciate
Every little breath; every sigh that escapes
To you goes the glory: it is not I
To you dear Lord I give it up
All my thoughts: my doubts: my life!
Lead me Lord: let me do thy will
Love me Lord: always love me still
I cannot be without thee: 'tis your love I need
Your words live within my heart
They linger here within my soul
To be the best I can be: my most precious goal
Lord lift me up and I shall stand
On heaven's precious tableland
Ah up here I am so close
Yes so very close to thee
Up here: yes it is up here I see
How tiny: how minuscule
How small I am to thee
Yet dear Lord I come: answer your call
Fill me up to overflowing
Set me on fire till I am glowing
Let me be all that I can be
Let me return all I am owing
For it is only with you Lord
That I can feel alive: so free
Yes: please: fill me up with your love
Until I can reap this harvest
That we two are sowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment