Sunday 23 November 2014

Sounding board

When you need someone to talk to?
Someone to listen to your words!
When you feel so sad, miserable
Too down to cope with this evil world?
When you don’t really need their answer
Just a listening ear: a sounding board!
When everyone is just too busy?
Is there someone you can call?
Someone to make that faintest echo
Of your Saviour: your redeemer: your Lord?
When you’re feeling sad: don’t even know why?
You feel abandoned: so alone in this crazy world?
Do you know that God loves you?
Do you even realise: He understands!
Do you believe in the power of prayer?
Can you even fathom God’s amazing plan?

You ask: why does life have to be so hard?
Why does life have to be so difficult?
The tears come pouring from your eyes
Can’t even see: can’t comprehend your life
Questioning yourself: your life: your reasons?
For all the things that get you down
“Why would anyone want to love me?”
That age old question: regularly gets me down
Terrible sinner that I am: what’s wrong with me?
When will all this pain just stop?
The stupidity of these…simple questions
Is this madness? Is it truly so?
The laughter and the crying: together…
The enemy is at the gates!
He seeks to pull me down
Dragging me away from my Saviour
My redeemer, my unearthly crown!
So “Get thee behind me Satan!”
I will not let you be the victor
I will not be another one of your spoils
I will not let you win this soul!


No comments:

Post a Comment