Saturday 29 November 2014

Ships in the night

It's almost 6 am and day is dawning
The sun comes creeping into my room
Light is here again: chasing out the darkness
Yes sunlight comes and dissipates the gloom
I wake to find your message
But again I find I am just too late
Just missed you by a whisker
Just missed you by a hair
So I have to wait all day dear
Just to catch you when you're there
It seems we pass each other
Just like silent ships in the dark of night
I know you are out there but
It seems I miss you even when
I try my very hardest to be aware
So I write another message
Say another silent prayer
Hoping you are well protected
Giving to God your precious care!
I read and re-read your message
I wish I could have been awake
But it is too late to hope for that
Because that time has passed
That tiny little window is closed
And now I must just cope
Do the very best I can all day
Until it is time for me to sleep again
Until it is time when you are wide awake
So far away: across the other side
Of this  whole wide world and
It might as well be: across the universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment