Saturday 22 November 2014

If...a love letter

What would I say?
What would I write to my love?
Had this inclination come?
Who knows the future?
I surely don’t: but if it happened?
If love came knocking?
Would I open the door?
How could I be sure?
It was real and not some…
Infatuation, some lie?
How would I get by?

I’d pinch myself
To see if I was awake!
It would seem to be as in a dream
But oh what a dream!

I would want to be sure!
Could I die without a cure?
Is this what I’ve dreamed of?
From long days ago
When I was a teenager
Is this how I imagined?
Love would be: could be?

What is love?
I love my Lord
I love my children
I love my grandchildren
I love my parents
I love my friends

These are all
Different kinds of love

Cannot be compared
Cannot be interchanged
Cannot be explained?
Cannot be…what?
Is love for your children?
Is love for God the best?
What about the rest?
How do they rank?
Can you thank?
God for love?
For God is love!
It’s just too difficult to imagine!

I give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment