Monday 18 May 2015

Lion at my door

There's a lion at my door...
Does he perchance, think to roar?
Does he seek to enter in?
Perhaps devour all within?
Can I keep him locked without?
Is it safe to venture out?
How do I know if I will fall?
How can I conquer him at all?
Without some help, some aid...
Certainly no band aid measure...
No simple trick, no magic...
Will keep him from getting in...

So each day I pray unto my Lord
Each day I re-enter in to our bargain
I ask my Lord for the strength
To fight that evil foe...
Don't you know how he gets in?
All it takes is one moment
One little slip in faith, it's true
He is out there...he seeks to devour...
Me and you...
He seeks to find that open sore
He weasels his way in...
Always seeking more and more...

So..."Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace..."




No comments:

Post a Comment