Saturday 9 May 2015

Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto

Isn't the internet amazing?
Isn't it just the thing to see?
Someone who died years ago...
Still singing their song for you and me...
I looked up "Kyu Sakamoto"
That amazing guy who sang that song
"Sukiyaki" it is called...
I love it; millions of others do too
It is such a shame he perished
In an aeroplane crash...in 1985
So many long years ago...

Though I listened to other versions...
Though I tried to enjoy them too...
It is the original song that touches my soul
I cannot seem to like the others
It just does not happen to me...
For it is only Kyu Sakamoto
Who sings that song exactly as it should be!

Somewhere in my deepest memories
I hear an English version...
The words echo within my mind
But that simple version
I just cannot seem to find...

No comments:

Post a Comment