Sunday 17 May 2015

The red blanket

I bought a red blanket 
Just the other day...
Thought to keep it in the car
Just in case...come what may...
It is made of polar fleece
Warm and cosy I must say
I thought it just might...
"Come in handy"...as people say!
We were walking around the gardens
Up top of Mt Lofty way...
Though it was getting cooler
I thought I was going to be okay
We finally reached right up to the top
At the lookout we were going...
To check out the scenery
That magnificent display...
I remembered that red blanket...
It was fantastic...I must say!
I wrapped it around me
Just like a fancy shawl
And then I could actually enjoy
That beautiful hill top view...
For as the sun was declining
The temperature was not climbing
It was going down too fast for me
Yes it was getting very cold
At the end of that blessed Sabbath day



No comments:

Post a Comment