Wednesday 11 January 2012

Deep purple and emerald green

Deep purple and emerald green: regal colours fit for a queen
No queen am I and yet the colours mean a lot to me.
I do not claim to be anything much and yet I claim to be a lot
For you see I am indeed descended from royalty.
Not of human kind I claim but this I cannot deny
For in this kingdom now and forever more
As you who read the words do know: I am sure of which I speak.
Though I walk these dusty roads I look forward to a greater life
That in Heaven without strife: among the treasured halls above.
This is promised me with love: for no other do I claim
As my Father and my brother: I claim the role of His daughter
But dear Holy Jesus Lord of all: His kingdom is my inheritance
From His throne of majesty He does rule in my heart and soul
And so He will for ever more!

No comments:

Post a Comment